Queen of Hearts Progressive Raffle
Sponsored by Main Street Community Center
Drawing Held on Facebook Live: facebook.com/MSCC-QueenofHearts
CLICK HERE TO BUY TICKETS — https://MSCCQofH.givesmart.com
- The Queen of Hearts is a progressive raffle.
- 54 playing cards, which include a full deck plus two jokers, are placed in a random order face down by an official gaming vendor; the cards are numbered 1-54 and sealed. MSCC Staff and its employees and volunteers had no part in the card placement or securing the cards on the board.
- Every Wednesday at 12:00 noon, starting on Wednesday, February 10th, there will be a public drawing of the winning ticket on Facebook Live (facebook.com/MSCC-QueenofHearts). The winning ticket will be picked and matched with the ticket owner and their pre-chosen card number of 1-54.
- If a person does not enter a number and/or name when purchasing their ticket, it is an automatic rollover and no money is distributed. If a ticket is pulled and it has a number that has already been taken, it is an automatic rollover and no money is distributed.
- The pre-chosen card number will be turned over and the revealed playing card will be placed face up on the board. If the Queen of Hearts is not selected, the jackpot will rollover to the next week.
- After the drawing, all tickets for that week’s drawing will be destroyed.
- If your ticket is selected and the revealed playing card is not the Queen of Hearts, an incentive prize will be given. Minimally, the prize will be $50 if the revealed playing card is a 2-10, $75 if it is a Jack, other Queen, King or Ace, and $100 if it is a Joker.
- The Grand Prize winner will receive 50% of the jackpot. The total prize pool will continue to accumulate weekly until the Queen of Hearts is drawn with a maximum jackpot of $100,000, as single prizes are limited to $50,000 by the City of Edwardsville. The jackpot amount will be updated and announced before the Facebook Live draw every Wednesday at 12 noon. A minimum amount will be posted on the event site and the Facebook page based on the previous week’s sales.
- The official board will be shown on Facebook Live for the drawing but will be stored in a secure location until the drawing. A picture of the board will be posted on the website and on Facebook to show what numbers have not been revealed and are available to choose from.
- The first drawing will be on Wednesday, February 10, 2021 at 12:00 noon on Facebook Live (facebook.com/MSCC-QueenofHearts). One ticket will be drawn each week. The jackpot winner need not be present. Thereafter, the drawing will take place each Wednesday at 12:00 noon on Facebook Live until the Queen of Hearts is revealed. When the drawing falls on a day when the Center is closed, the drawing will be postponed for that week and will be drawn the following Wednesday. Drawing postponement is at the discretion of the Queen of Hearts Committee.
- Tickets are one for $5, three for $10, seven for $20, and 20 for $50. There is no limit to how many you can purchase. Only online sales will be accepted. You must be 18 years of age to purchase a ticket.
- Tickets can be purchased online between 1:00pm on Wednesdays through 11:59pm on Tuesdays. When tickets are purchased online, you will be asked to submit the number of the card you believe contains the Queen of Hearts from the picture posted to show available numbers.
- Tickets may not be edited once the ticket purchase is completed.
- This raffle has a maximum prize amount of $50,000 to a winner (50% of a maximum jackpot of $100,000). This prize amount is based on the current limit set by the City of Edwardsville.
- The current length of the raffle is a maximum of 54 weeks. Should this raffle go the full 54 weeks and if the last ticket is pulled with an unavailable card number on it, we will pull another ticket.
- The ticket holder who selects the Queen of Hearts is the Grand Prize Winner and will be paid half the pot, or a maximum of $50,000. The winner need not be present.
- If a prize of greater than $5,000 is awarded, the winner will need to confirm their identity and social security number by completing and signing an IRS Form W-2G and an Illinois W-4. Federal income taxes (24%) and state income taxes (4.95%) will be withheld by Main Street Community Center. Winnings will not be distributed until these forms are completed and signed. If a player is unwilling or unable to provide any of the listed items, the prize money will revert to Main Street Community Center. Additionally, prize winnings of $600 or more require the winner complete an IRS1099 tax form.
- A winner cannot donate the prize without first taking ownership of the prize, which means the appropriate W-2G must be issued and the appropriate withholding taken. If a winner wants to then donate the prize, they may do so.
- Tickets will be available for purchase online beginning Wednesdays at 1:00pm through 11:59pm on Tuesdays. Tickets are only available online.
- If you do not agree with the rules of the game, there is no obligation to play. By submitting a ticket purchase, you are agreeing to play by the stated rules of the game. MSCC reserves the right to amend these rules as needed prior to any week’s drawing. Should a ticket purchaser disagree with the implementation and administration of these rules, they will be entitled only a refund of the purchase price of their currently valid tickets.